Hi there dog lover from Murray House Bed & Breakfast
The following links and information is showing you where you can bring your dog while visiting in Newport.
The first lists restaurants & bars. Then parks, touring, transportation, vets. Just keep scrolling, it's worth it.
Please call first to double check and make sure their policies have not changed. Of course, it is a state law not to allow pets inside, but outside is being accepted more and more.
As you know, taking your pets to restaurants is not always allowed and with good reason. We love them, but not everyone is as smart as we are.
Here is a list of restaurants in Newport that will allow you to bring your pets with some restrictions. One thing I cannot emphasize enough, is cleaning up after your pet. Always have doggie bags with you in case they are needed. Don't spoil this for the rest of us by not being a responsible pet owner.
Also, the latest thing that needs to be done is bringing along their vaccination records. If you dog gets sick, vets will not treat them unless they know they have had their shots. The next thing to make sure you have is a homeowners policy that covers your pet in case they cause unintentional hurt to someone else. Thanks so much for your help.
There are leash laws are very strict in the summer from Memorial Day to Labor Day. They do issue tickets and they’re $100.
Dog Walks and Dog Parks
1) Cliff Walk
2) Thames Street and Shopping
3) Newport Harbor Walk
4) Sakonnet Greenway Trail
5) Weetamoo Woods
6) Newport Dog Park
7) King Park
8) Fort Adams Bay Walk
9) Brenton Point State Park
10) Touro Park
11) Not named dog park. 365 Thames St., Newport, RI There is a dog beach behind the armory / antiques building on Thames.
12) Battery Park
13) Rovinski Park at the mansion end of Bellevue BEST
14) Paradise Valley Dog Park,, Middletown Second Best
Dog Friendly Newport Beaches
For All Beaches: Pets must be on leash and people need to clean up after their pets. Please observe the time requirements for dog usage..
1) King Park Beach
2) Kings Beach
3) Armory Antiques Marketplace :: Dog beach on water front behind the building. Walk around to the back to the left of the piet. Free poop bags.
4) Any beach before Memorial Day and after Labor Day, but stay out of any wildlife conservation areas.
5) Sachuest Beach :: During peak season, which is Memorial Day to Labor Day, you can take leashed dogs to the beach from 5:00am to 7:45am. During off season, you can take them any time.
5) Easton’s Beach (First Beach). Memorial Blvd, Dogs are only allowed on the beach during the off-season from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
6) Third Beach, Dogs are allowed on the beach from Memorial Day to Labor Day from 5:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. only. During off season, you can take them any time. Dogs are only allowed on the beach during the off-season from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Rules and regulations regarding dogs can change without notice. Please verify before going.
Dog Friendly Newport Restaurants
(none allow dogs inside, the restaurants have outdoor seating, call first. outdorr seating is by reservation and first call basis. Make sure you have a leasted well behaved dog that interacts will with people and other dogs, and a lot of noise. )
Bringfideo list of all dog friendly restaurants DOGSTERANTS
1) Frosty Freeze - outdorr seating with your well behaved dog.
2) O'Briens Pub - free water for the dogs and they have a doggy menu
3) Clarke Cook House - Very busy place, lots of foot traffic, we had 3 dogs withi us, no issues
4) The Black Pearl - Check first, we ate here with the dogs, but I no longer see the info on the website.
5) The Coffee Grinder - Bannisters Whark. If not too crowded, you can sit outside witih your dog.
6) Cafe Zelda - may be closed
7) Liberty Donuts - Outside Seating - Just Awesome
8) Sardella's Restaurant (one of noreens favorites) Dogs allowed outside. Call firts, you may need a reservation. FANTASTIC FOOD!!!
9) Ragged Island Brewing Company _ Well worht the frive to Portsmouth.
Dog Friendly Newport Tours And Activities
FIDO dog tours list: DOGOURS
1) Gansett Cruises - Not good for barkers or quezy dogs. We took 3 dogs with no issues, but hey, there poodles, and poodles ROCK!
2) Newport Polo
3) Rail Explorers - WARNINGS! - Dogs are permitted but their safety is your responsibility. Dogs must be restrained with a leash or harness. Many dogs have ridden with us, but space on the explorers is limited, so larger dogs may not fit comfortably and may be in danger of being struck by the pedals or pinched by the chains.
4) Selected Vineyards and Wineries - Call and vist there websites for more information
5) Newport Tour and Guide - Dogs of all sizes are allowed for no additional fee . Don't leave Fido behind!
6) Antique Yacht Collection
7) Fort Adams State Park - Heres' a secret. Go up past the Eisenhour Hosue, all the way to the back, follow the narrow road along the shore, even when it seems not passable and just before the final gate, there is a beach on the left. Except for fisherman, there is usually no one there. We took our dogs unhendered for a swim several times. Don't tell anyone, this one is a secret.
Dog Friendly Newport Stores And Shopping
1) Wag Nation - call first
2) Black Dog General Store - cool dog stuff
3) KJP - ask first
4) Style Newport - not sure if allowed inside. Nice stuff.
5) Port Of Paws
6) Woof Woof Pet Boutique - dogs allowed
7) Newport Jerky Company- Dogs allowed, I asked forst and thehy make Dog Jerky Treats, and the pooble brothers got free samples
Dog Friendly Newport Pet Services
1) Paws Unlimited Pet Services : Dog walking and pet sitters.
2) Walk the whole length of Thames Street. I promise your dog will be noticed. There are dog parks and a little dog beach along the way. Make sure they are leached. There are also some restaurants, coffee shops, and a few shops where they are allowed,
This list was compiled on a best efforts basis. The information posted here is not to be construed as completely accurate as the rules and regulations regarding dogs can change without notice. Please verify before going.